40K Globe is an internship program in rural India, implementing social enterprise solutions to global issues. Interning in a team of six – eight other students, you’ll be working intensely with 40K’s sister organisation 40K PLUS.
Awarded Australia’s most innovative social enterprise in 2016, 40K PLUS is an after school education platform that utilises technology to provide primary aged students living in rural India access to high-quality English education.
Currently spanning 54 villages and servicing over 2000 children, the PLUS platform has proven to extend English comprehension by 2.5 years when compared to students who have not attended PLUS.
With four different types of projects for interns to work on, we are exposing Australian university students to the challenges and nature of working in a social enterprise.
IS 40K GLOBE RIGHT FOR ME?
We’ve crafted a program that is transformative, challenging and rewarding.
The Globe program is for those who:
- ARE CURIOUS LEARNERS and want to challenge the way they think about the complex issue of poverty
- WANT TO THINK BIG and explore what role they want to have in social impact in their lives and careers
- WANT TO WORK IN TEAMS to harness different people’s ideas and working styles
- ARE REALISTIC and understand that building social enterprises is difficult, and doing it in an unfamiliar country makes it even more so
- ARE LOW MAINTENANCE because there’s no such thing as smooth sailing when it comes to working in developing communities!
We strive to be responsible to students who go on Globe, as well as the communities we operate in. If you fit the bill above, we’d love you to join our team!
40K Globe operates four times per year; January, February, July and December, in alignment with the breaks of most Australian universities.
- July 2018 – 24th of June – 20th of July
- December 2018 – 28th of November – 20th of December
- January 2019 – 2nd of January – 23rd of January
- February 2019 – 31st January – 22nd February
The cost of the Globe Program is $3200, with early bird discounts currently available for all program months. Payment options include credit/debit card and BPAY.
You can see what is included in the Program Fee below.
We ask that all participants commit to fundraising AUD$750.00 for 40K PLUS, you will be supported in this task and work in teams to achieve a collective goal.
Our refund policy can be found here.
|Pre-departure and in-country induction||Flights|
|Accommodation (excluding weekends)||Visa|
|Breakfast and Dinner (excluding weekends)||Immunisations|
|Impact project resources||Insurance|
|Transport costs for project related travel||Break days accommodation, food and travel.|
|In-country support – health and safety|
Concerned about financing your trip?
We understand that traveling for a month can be expensive! We want to ensure that this opportunity is accessible to as many students as possible, so here are a few ways to help you fund your trip:
- Studying at University? 40K Globe has been a recipient of Federal Government funding through the New Colombo Plan. Many of our partner universities have grants ranging from $1,000 to $3,500 available for students traveling on 40K Globe. Click here to find out if you’re eligible!
- OS-HELP Loans – If you’re studying at an undergraduate level at university you may be eligible for an OS-Help Loan of up to $7,000.
- Payment plans – Our team is happy to work with you to build a payment plan so you can pay in installments.
If all your questions haven’t been answered please check out our frequently asked questions page.
Need more Info?
Register for an information pack straight to your email!
• Get access to comprehensive information.
• Learn about project updates in India.
• Keep up to date with 40K news and events.
Apply now for our programs running in:
• JULY 2018 – APPLICATIONS OPEN
• DECEMBER 2018 – APPLICATIONS OPEN
• JANUARY 2019- APPLICATIONS OPEN
• FEBRUARY 2019 – APPLICATIONS OPEN